Sunday, March 20, 2011

Superman Daddy


Last Thursday night, my Garrie had high fever that had gone up to 39.8 °C.  For the first time in my life, I felt soooo helpless!  I am the type of person who is always in control in whatever situation I’m in but that particular night made me realized I am not a ‘superwoman’ when it comes to my baby.  The mere thought that she is not feeling well really breaks my heart.
daddy's little angel :)
Surprisingly, Daddy was my exact opposite that scary moment.  He maintained his composure in spite of seeing me crying (yes that’s me… a drama queen huhuhu) while nervously cuddling little Garrie.  To bring the fever down, hubby gave little Garrie a dose of Tempra (paracetamol for infants).  I am just so thankful that we always have Tempra on hand, it really saved our day!  Dad also gave her baby gurl a cold compress – he took off Garrie’s pj, submerged a small towel into a basin of water, squeezed it dry and placed the towel on little Garrie’s forehead then to her abdomen.  Baby’s temp eventually went down in just less than an hour… thanks to her superman dada!!  Sooo proud of my dear hubby *wink*
uber proud daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment