Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Snuggle Nest

Of all baby things that our lil Garrie has, there is one that I love the most – her Baby Delight Snuggle Nest.  This most loved item was a gift from my cousin who is now based in San Diego, CA.  Why do I love this thingy?  Let me count the raison d'être…
Baby Delight Snuggle Nest
  • I love it because it is designed for newborns, from birth until the baby is able to push up or rollover, as described in the user’s manual or ideally until the baby is 4-months old.
  • I love it because it is designed with features that prevent SIDS.  These features as presented on Baby Delight’s website include:
    • Firm pad - Provides firm sleeping surface
    • Envelope Sheet - Reduces hazard of loose sheeting
    • Rigid Tray - Covers crack between adult mattress and headboard and blocks adult pillows from baby's sleeping area
    • Positioning - By being positioned at adult head level, the infant rests in a clear and open area, free of adult bedding and adult bodies
  • I love it because my lil Garrie is able to sleep soundly throughout the night and even during the day when she takes her nap.
  • I love it because this ‘little bed’ is very handy -- you can carry this with you when you travel with your baby.
  • I love it most because it gives me more than the feeling of security especially during the night.  Paranoid as I am, the thought of pillows rolling over my baby’s face really scares me to death!
  • And, I love it just the way it is.
Garrie on her snuggle nest with daddy
After 5 months of being my Garrie’s ‘sleeping companion’, with a heavy heart, I have to let it go for obvious reason that she has outgrown it already.  Too bad, Baby Delight doesn’t have something like this for baby’s 5months and up.  On a scale of 1 to 5 (one being the lowest), I give this a 4.5!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment