Thursday, April 21, 2011

It’s Feeding Time

Next week, our Garrie will turn 6 months old and by then, she’s ready for her first baby food.  As a first time mom, this is another baby’s milestone that I would cherish forever.

from Garrie's momy Haidee
Everyone in the family is now excited and eager to feed Garrie, in fact my sister Haidee, already bought some baby food for her fave niece.  For convenience, I bought a set of baby food processor while, Hubby is already preparing Garrie’s DIY high-chair, and we can’t wait to see her on it…that doubles the excitement!


According to BabyCenter.com, solids can be introduced to our baby any time between 4 and 6 months if the baby is ready.  Until then, breast milk or formula provides the nutrients needed by the growing baby.  To know when your baby is ready [read more].

As much as possible, hubby and I are planning to introduce to our lil Garrie foods that are free of chemicals and are not processed.  I am now starting to take note of healthy recipes for her.  I promised myself to spare some time in preparing these, and I just hope I can sustain that zest. <crossing my fingers>

But since I am a working mom, I’m also re-considering other healthy options that I could give for my Garrie.  I have read good reviews about Earth’s Best rice cereal as well as its line of organic jarred baby first foods, and I have these now in my bucket lists.  Cerelac and Gerber are also great and trusted brands but apparently, going organic is the best option nowadays.  

Good thing that new generations of working parents now have these ready-to-have organic options.

1 comment:

  1. hey mommy carmz! good to see your new posts. heheh... you have time na huh.
    m so excited for garrie! =) after 5 weeks, it's maya's turn. i copy i paste.

    ReplyDelete